Application form for applying to join the NIGALA Solicitor Panel
Click on the links below to download the application form and supporting documents.
(Please note, application forms and supporting documentation must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than 4pm on Friday 12th February 2021)
(Please note, this form should be returned by email, separately, to email@example.com)
Quick View: Checklist of requirements for applying to join the NIGALA Solicitor Panel
Please Note: Application forms will not be available until after both Information Sessions are complete (on 9th and 16th Dec 2020). When available, you will be able to download the application form and supporting documentation from our website (nigala.hscni.net) or you can request an application via email.
- Qualified Solicitor eligible to practice in NI at the date of application;
- Registered on the Roll of Solicitors in NI at the date of application;
- Member of the Children Order Panel of the Law Society (NI) or equivalent relevant experience for a minimum of two years.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the representation of parties relating to children and young people’s proceedings;
- Evidence of a minimum of 10 hours CPD relating to children and young people in the last three years;
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and young people;
- Advocacy skills;
- Written communication skills;
- Knowledge of the Children (NI) Order 1995 and the Adoption (NI) Order 1987 and the implications of recent case law in Northern Ireland;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other parties;
- Successful completion of the Law Society (NI) Advanced Advocacy course
In order to be eligible for consideration Application Forms must
- Be completed in full using Arial 12 font;
- Be accompanied by two completed references (referees with knowledge of the applicant’s professional practice in family law);
- Be received by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) before 4pm on Friday 12th February 2021;
Please note that monitoring forms should be sent separately to email@example.com